Opie was an initial member in the establishment of the Adelaide Jazz Collective in 2012 and was also a member of the review panel for MusicSA from April 2013 until October 2015 when they ceased the review process. In February 2016 he began to write reviews for BSide magazine. As a volunteer with the Adelaide Hills Youth Advisory Committee, he is also a frequent participant and mentor of the Woodside Jams.
Kyle Opie was awarded a Bachelor of Music from the Elder Conservatorium, University of Adelaide with a major in musicology in 2017.
With The Cortex Shift
With Misfits of Sythia
- Automatonophilia - (2014)
- Falafel Induced Hiccups - (2016)
- Hip Hopping Horns & Djip Djopping Djent - (2017)
With The Here Away
- The Timepiece EP - (2016)
- Eggcorns and Mondegreens - (2017)