Blood Red Renaissance were a rock band from Adelaide, South Australia. Since forming in 2005, BRR have ploughed through a series of unpredictable live shows, released a slew of singles and albums, and both infuriated and delighted people across the country.
- 2005: BRR forms as a four-piece band to learn and record Davis' songs. The band also began to write songs collectively.
- 2006: Begins gigging in South Australia, with a debut gig at the Crown & Anchor Hotel. They would go on to release two singles from the increasingly overdue first album Champagne Tragedy.
- 2007: They continued gigging, finally released debut album Champagne Tragedy, and went on their first interstate tour (Tri-State Tragedy).
- 2008: Featured on Misfits Stunt Crew DVD, wrote, recorded and released 2nd album Crimson Deluxe, tapped to feature on "The Counterpart" film soundtrack, added a second guitarist (Ben Ewens), toured interstate again (Liberatour 2008).
- 2009: After ongoing tension, they part company with Ewens and Kilsby. The band remained inactive for several months. Larry Ash (of Priority Orange) joins band as a replacement for Ewens, and Kilsby returns as their drummer.
- 2011: Hutchinson steps down from the band due to hand surgery. English-born guitarist Pete Sears (formerly of Caffiene Kill and Acid Tongue) joins as his replacement. The band begins recording a new EP in November.
- 2012: How To Be A Bad Slave EP is released. Ash leaves the band shortly after its launch. Hutchinson returns to his original role.
- 2013: Blood Red Renaissance goes on indefinite hiatus. Davis, Kilsby and Ash contribute to Gillett's Icecocoon project.
- Matthew R. Davis - vocals, bass, theremin etc.
- Owen Gillett - keyboards, vocals, samples
- Tom Kilsby - drums
- Pete Sears - guitars (2011-2013)
- Paul Hutchinson - guitars (2005-2011, 2012-2013)
- Ben Ewens - guitars (2008-2009)
- Larry Ash - guitars, vocals (2009-2012)
- "Encyclopaedia Self-Destructica" (2006)
- "Boring!" (2006)
- "The Libertine" (2008)
- "Suture Self" (2009)